|This is the bell from the chapel at Brough Lodge. As far as is known, the chapel was never used as a chapel, but may have been built as a type of folly by the first Fetlar-based Sir Arthur Nicolson sometime in the early 1800s. He is known to have travelled extensively in European countries prior to 1820, where he found inspiration for some of the buildings at Brough Lodge. As far as we are aware, no photograph exists of this particular Sir Arthur Nicolson.
for a larger image (large download).